Windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen

Hey guys... found this bike on the interwebs, and was wondering if anyone knows what that windscreen is....

I want one!

80 SG

Could you maybe give us a little clue? I have no idea as there is no link nor photo for me to look at. Could just be my puter but I doubt it.
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Where did my links go?
      there were there yesterday!
      80 SG

Comment

Dunno... When I try to quote the links show up but I did not check them for accuracy nor try to go to the site.
        2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

The pics are showing, I have no clue what type that is, you could probably make one yourself if you are handy. Looks like it just wraps around the headlight bucket, no detail of the mounting bracket though. The fella at bikescreen.com would probably know what it is if you could send him that pic, he wouldn't be able to supply the mounting bracket, just the plastic.
          Last edited by bikerphil; 05-04-2016, 05:46 PM.
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

☮

Comment

Your search - [IMG]http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/gijoe13844/IMG957815_zps7a87343d.jpg ... - did not match any documents.

Your search - [IMG]http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/gijoe13844/IMG958311_zps2e9c9882.jpg ... - did not match any documents.

Copied the links from the quoted post and this is my result. Not sure why at all.
            2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

Rasputin...
              i couldn't see them either, but i switched from firefox to chrome, and there they are...
              80 SG

Comment

Originally posted by Brak View Post
                Hey guys... found this bike on the interwebs, and was wondering if anyone knows what that windscreen is....

I want one!

Okie dokie now they are available loud and proud on my Firefox too. Thanks.
                2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
                  The pics are showing, I have no clue what type that is, you could probably make one yourself if you are handy. Looks like it just wraps around the headlight bucket, no detail of the mounting bracket though. The fella at bikescreen.com would probably know what it is if you could send him that pic, he wouldn't be able to supply the mounting bracket, just the plastic.
                  I actually thought about that...
                  Carbon Fiber, or Fiberglass, i could do, but i don't know anything about molding lexan or the like
                  80 SG

Comment

Hi Brak,
                    do a search on Google for motorcycle windshields. I bet there are a dozen models very similar to that available. Years ago Meier (sp) had a fibreglass headlight surround with a small windshield which looked nice on XS Specials.
                    Phil
                    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Kinda like this Phil?

80 SG
                      81 SH in parts
                      99 ST1100
                      91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                        Hi Brak,
                        do a search on Google for motorcycle windshields. I bet there are a dozen models very similar to that available. Years ago Meier (sp) had a fibreglass headlight surround with a small windshield which looked nice on XS Specials.
                        Phil
                        I've been searching for a while, and found a few that were similar, but not the same...

Taste is purely subjective, but...
                        To me, windshields on bikes are like 4 doors on a car...
                        I understand why people would want them, convenience and function, but i can't stand the way they look.

That being said, the fact that this one hit me right in the feels, made my heart skip a beat... well... That's a big deal

Deep down, i was hoping someone would recognize the bike, albeit a long shot...
                        80 SG

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                          Kinda like this Phil?

Hi Dean,
                          Yeah Kinda
                          Phil
                          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...