No announcement yet.

Need some hose/line help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought genuine Yamaha OEM hose and it fell off the bung either by pressure but it was brand new and I am thinking OEM means metric since these are Japanese bikes.Need to maybe check with calipers since hose varies by source.No harm done BA80 -all good!
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

I apologize if anything I said offended in any way. It was NOT my intention.

Metric.....SAE.....really no difference other than the type of measurement used. It's all equal.

Was it vacuum or fuel you were asking about? I never saw where it was stated.

The fuel line I posted is the best I've found in the MANY years I've dealt with bikes AND cars. I've been using it on my bike for many years without issue. I do, however, use the cheap wire spring clamps also.

When new it seals and stays in place well but it is a form of plastic and does stretch over time like any rubber or plastic will do.

I need to replace mine every 3 or 4 years, more if I have to work on the carbs.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Vacuum line-the line you gave a link to I actually had it on my fuel valve but it came off,guess its time to replace it.Tough stuff the Tygon is and I can see the gas through the tygon fuel line.All good!
        1980 XS1100 SG
        Inline fuel filters
        160 mph speedometer mod
        Kerker Exhaust
        1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

you must be talking about the vacuum line to the octy, not the carbs. As Phil said, 3/16" is the correct size.

I deleted the octy from my SG YEARS ago. I had 3 of them go out on long trips. One proceeded to spray fuel all over the top of the engine going down the highway, the others just cut off my fuel and I ended up riding thousands of miles on PRIME.

The octy is nothing but a problem waiting to happen in my opinion.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

The octy has way too many hoses and I replaced it with the Pingel.Yes the vacuum line to the octy was replaced but I will have to get 3/16" line instead of what I had on there.
            1980 XS1100 SG
            Inline fuel filters
            160 mph speedometer mod
            Kerker Exhaust
            1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

I finally got some hose from E Bay- 2 different sizes and will go to try it tomorrow.Going to be a week or so to ride the bike, since I almost broke my hand at work and its quite swollen.
              1980 XS1100 SG
              Inline fuel filters
              160 mph speedometer mod
              Kerker Exhaust
              1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

Replacing tygon fuel line periodically is a good idea. I had one develop a big split after a few years of use and had gas all over the place! I do like tygon.
                Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Tygon is the best way to go in my opinion.New hoses are Tygon.
                  1980 XS1100 SG
                  Inline fuel filters
                  160 mph speedometer mod
                  Kerker Exhaust
                  1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

Working...
                  X