• Show
Clear All

• mercury sticks for carb synch

Can they be shipped ?
    80 SG
    81 SH in parts
    99 ST1100
    91 ST1100

Are you talking a Motion Pro...? I think the one I have has Mercury in it...If its on ebay and they are willing to ship it...I bet they better use something to
    plug those lines or that mercury will be all over the place...try to find one local
    and not deal with shipping...But I think I read it some where you can't put that stuff in the mail...Good luck
    79 XS 1100 Special "Basket Case"

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
      Can they be shipped ?
      Must be used ones your referring to Dean? Shipping mercury contained products became illegal some ten yrs. ago and mercury related manomometers are no longer available new. The Morgan Carb Tune incorerates stainless slides. I compared the one I have with the mercury stixs manometer I previously had. The Morgan Carb Tune checked to be spot-on accurate with the mercury manometer. The Morgan comes shipped from Europe and is just a bit over a $100 with shipping. It also comes with directions and its own zippered soft-case. Can easily be transported anywhere, anytime. Fits in the sidecase of your scoot very well......JAT, and well worth the money IMHO.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=liquid+mercury

Comment

I made a set of these. They are differential and tell exactly when the pair of carbs are matched.

82 XJ1100 - sold
          96 Honda Magna 750 - Girlfriend's bike
          2000 ZRX1100 - sold
          2003 FJR1300 - Silver rocket

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
            Must be used ones your referring to Dean?
            Yep, I know someone who is letting a set go for the cost of shipping. (other side of the country)
            80 SG
            81 SH in parts
            99 ST1100
            91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
              Yep, I know someone who is letting a set go for the cost of shipping. (other side of the country)
              Would be ok, but your gonna have to locate the mercury for it. The older type of slider type thermostats for the house have a bowl type container of mercury in them. Would take several of these type thermostats to get enough mercury for the resivoir of this type of manometer.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

These folks supply mercury, and will ship to both Canada and USA

http://www.sciencecompany.com/Mercur...lb-P16388.aspx
                Ken Talbot

Comment

It can be shipped, it is just a hazardous material and will be charged and handled as such.
                  Nathan
                  KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                  K&N Filter
                  #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                  OEM Exhaust
                  ATK Fork Brace
                  LED Dash lights
                  Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                  SS Brake Lines
                  Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Talbot View Post
                    These folks supply mercury, and will ship to both Canada and USA

http://www.sciencecompany.com/Mercur...lb-P16388.aspx
                    For that price of the mercury, you can purchase the Morgan Carb Tune, which uses no liquid of any type as I previously stated for a bit bit less than that including shipping from the the U.K..

Comment

They use a different kind of fluid now. I've got a little bottle of it out in the mancave somewhere - some kind of blue liquid. I had a mercury stick, but a burp in the idle sent gas down the line and fouled the mercury, and then I managed to break it trying to change the fluid.

I'm going to have to agree with motoman here - carbtune is the way to go. Analog vacuum gauges work pretty good too. But I like the carbtune best 'cause it's fairly compact, sturdy, and reads just like a manometer but you don't have the fluid to contend with. Sometimes you can find them in a package deal with a colortune plug and a carrying case. Some folks don't like the colortune, but the carrying case is always nice to have.
                      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Motion Pro Mercury Carb Synch

I have the above with not a whole lot of mercury left. Went on ebay last night and found a guy selling recovered mercury for $10. There were other vials available.
                        Darrell
                        78E
                        80G project
                        06FJR

Comment

Can you PM me the link...I have a Motion Pro I need some for...Thanks
                          79 XS 1100 Special "Basket Case"

Comment

mercury

Well, that was bid up. You can get about 3 oz for $40 w shipping fromhttp://www.saber-cycle.com/store/product1003.html

Another guy is selling 100 grams for $50. http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-grams-Me..._qi=RTM2247625
                            Darrell
                            78E
                            80G project
                            06FJR

Comment

Originally posted by dbeardslee View Post
                              They use a different kind of fluid now. I've got a little bottle of it out in the mancave somewhere - some kind of blue liquid. I had a mercury stick, but a burp in the idle sent gas down the line and fouled the mercury, and then I managed to break it trying to change the fluid.

I'm going to have to agree with motoman here - carbtune is the way to go. Analog vacuum gauges work pretty good too. But I like the carbtune best 'cause it's fairly compact, sturdy, and reads just like a manometer but you don't have the fluid to contend with. Sometimes you can find them in a package deal with a colortune plug and a carrying case. Some folks don't like the colortune, but the carrying case is always nice to have.
                              Yeppers.......and the blue fluid used in the Motion Pro manometer has widely been reported to hang up on sides of tubes and also creating vacant areas inside the individual tubes. Mercury filled manometers IS what any style on manometer is gauged by. The Morgan Carb Tune Pro matches up accurate wise perfectly with my mercury filled manometer, and IMO the perfect, most accurate second choice and can be carried elsewhere anywhere, whether it be in the bike trunk, strapped to the bike seat or in your vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                              X