first ride report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first ride report

Tonight I took the old XJ out for my first real motorcycle ride. I just got my permit yesterday. Called my brother and a friend (Harley dude) and went for a group ride. Put on about 30 miles or so, returning before sunset of course (in compliance with permit). I still have a few bugs to work out but overall, everything went well. Scared myself once - in a parking lot I thought I would practice a quick stop... Well I grabbed for the brake and throttled the bike up at the same time. Out of some reaction I dropped the clutch and the bike surged forward. Exactly opposite of what I was trying to do. Home safe after a lesson learned.

Thanks to all on this forum for your help with carbs, brakes, charging, etc. I've been working on it since March and without your help, I'd be totally lost.

Thanks again!

Tom B.

Glad to here you got to ride finally. these forums are worth their weight in gold . along with the ride, you should feel good about fixin it yourself. with alittle help from here.
    when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
    80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

It's a kick in the butt, isn't it??
      If you haven't done so already, go take a motorcycly safety course.
      It is well worth the few bucks and hours!!

Enjoy it!!
      Mike

1980 SG "Angus"

Comment

Working...
      X