Midnight Special Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight Special Exhaust

I know this subject has probably already been discussed but has anyone researched the possibility of haveing these things redone? I've talked to JetHot . They can do em for around $275 but all they offer is that flat matte black. You'd think someone could replicate a process that was done 24yrs ago? Of course maybe given the poor durability, no one wants headache of a comeback. The original owner gave me the warning letter he was sent from Yamaha when the bike was new. Don't use chrome polish, Don't get wet when hot, Don't use cleaner wax, Don't let the dog pee on em, Don't even look at em crosseyed! Sorry for the rant but I just got blown out of the water on a NOS set (just the two muffs) over on ebay. They're up to almost 700bucks and it ain't done yet. Somebody obviously wants em way worse than me.
    Underdog

1980 MNS "The Dark Side"
    2000 Heritage "Snow White"

The real reason I prefer stock is because that is what the engine was designed for. Plus they fit properly.

I would never pay $700 for oem though.

I wish a fellow XSive could hash out a process for making exhaust systems of good quality for ~$200 or so.

Ben
    1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
    1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
    1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
    1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
    1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
    1982 XS650
    1980 XS1100g
    1979 XS1100sf
    1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

Actually, I was refering to the coating (black chrome) not reproduceing the whole exhaust. I should have been more clear.
      Underdog

1980 MNS "The Dark Side"
      2000 Heritage "Snow White"

Comment

Working...
      X