Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81H saddlebags for an SG?

Hey guys

Just wondering if a set of Venturer hard bags will fit on an 80 special. Not even sure if the ones I saw are Venturer for sure, but they appear to be complete with crash bars bracket and rack...

thanks as always

Steve
    Steve R

'80 SG
    "Fred" -- TC fuse box, stock airbox/exhaust/jets, SS brake lines, Windjammer V fairing, Cibie headlight lens, TKAT fork brace, Showa rear shocks, MikesXS emulators

Former bikes:

1973 Yamaha 125 Enduro (brother's but I 'borrowed' it a lot, usually after midnight)
    1978 XS400E Red
    1981 XS850 Special (Stingo)

BLUF: Yes it should fit.

The other years Standards bags will not fit a Special, but in 81 the Standard used the Special exhaust pipes, which meant the footpeg brackets that hang those pipes match the Specials. That was the thing that differentiated the bag mounts.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Thanks John.

I was almost hoping it would mean the kind of mod that Kurt is doing and I could just save the $$$. It might be fun to put them on and figure out the turn signals. That's the kind of mod I could handle.
      Steve R

'80 SG
      "Fred" -- TC fuse box, stock airbox/exhaust/jets, SS brake lines, Windjammer V fairing, Cibie headlight lens, TKAT fork brace, Showa rear shocks, MikesXS emulators

Former bikes:

1973 Yamaha 125 Enduro (brother's but I 'borrowed' it a lot, usually after midnight)
      1978 XS400E Red
      1981 XS850 Special (Stingo)

Comment

The Standard turn signal bar over the rear plate is not expensive. Just unplug frame mounted lights and plug in replacement bar.

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Working...
        X