rear shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear shocks

i have a 79 XS1100 special, i need rear shocks badly, i am going to get thrown off the bike soon (very bouncy) any suggestions, so far the ones i have found aftermarket is $400-$500 too much $$$$$. the stock ones are that much and they are not availble. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    Troy
    79' XS1100SF

Check out the Progressive Suspension site, and JCWhitney. I bought the JCWhipme shock and I am happy with them. The look is close to stock, without the reflectors, and they have 2 stage springs.
    '81 XS11 Midnight Special

Comment

Also, welcome to the goup, you will find whatever you need for the bike among these pages. Many, many Xsperts here!
      '81 XS11 Midnight Special

Comment

i think partsnmore.com has some cheap ones.

Comment

The Parts n More and JC Whipme are the same I think. I got the Parts n More ones last fall, worked fine except the bike was lowered about 2" compared to the old heavy duty ones I had on there, and needed. Kick stand was now too long, muffler was too close to the ground, pegs too close, I scraped like a Harley...

Rode with wife they worked fine as far as the ride, never bottomed out. Don't think you will get 20 years on them, but for $75 they were fine.
          Marty in NW PA
          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

Chrome Units.

Anyone know who makes the chrome shocks [$75] that are being sold on e-bay?

Big Pat

Comment

Working...
            X