front end / fork conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front end / fork conversions

I have been planning things for some time, but I just found the most wonderful tool. From All Balls Racing.
    http://www.allballsracing.com/index.php/forkconversion

Just specify the frame, and see ALL the bikes with front ends that will potentially fit (bearing size-wise), and the near steering neck bearing upper and lower part numbers.

SO MANY OPTIONS

R1 front end on an XS1100 frame, already knew it had been done but now know what I need.
    Looks like all R1's triple trees use the same top bearings, and the '07+ front ends use different bottom bearings.

Now if only I had easier answers to convert to a stronger front end, on the OCC-Schwinn-Stingray-Chopper bicycle I've converted to a motorcycle with a 125cc honda style engine and a Kawasaki KX 60 or 80 rear wheel Suzuki gas tank.. bicycle front end is weak and steering neck is narrow.

Don't forget to order some of these to avoid having the header pipes drag on the ground the first time you try to crank the bike over in a bend -

R1 forks are a LOT shorter than XS11 forks, and you will experience clearance problems after fitting them unless you only plan to ride around without leaning the bike over - ever.
    79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
    Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
    *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
    *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

I was reading somewhere that a Hyabusa front end is a fairly straightforward swap. Im thinking of this but as I have spoked rims which I wish to keep there are caliper/ spoke clearance issues. I'd have to look at different calipers.
      80 XS11 Standard Australia

Comment

Working...
      X