Luggage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luggage

For some time now I have wanted saddle bags, but this is a bit daunting since the XJ is not a big stretched out cruiser with all that much room. Passenger quarters are fairly tight I noticed after seeing a picture of me giving my 28 year old niece hrr first cycle ride. She's not real big but not exactly a small girl, but hey I am not such a little guy myself. I think she's about 5'7" and I am 6 foot tall. After looking at the picture I don't know what kind of bags to getnd what will work. I prefer the leather like bsgs but I am not opposed to panners. I know fron articles I have read there were a bunch of assesories made for the xj, I would like to see a picture of the bike all decked out. Also among all my readings the magazines couldn't make heads or tails of this bike, id it a available cruiser is it a build to sprc light weight tourer? I also find it difficult to fit it into one category, any thoughts?

Here is a pic of a very nice XJ with a fairing, hard luggage, and a backrest ... it gives you a good example of what the bike looks like with a touring setup.

Marco

Current bikes:
    1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
    1979 Honda CBX
    2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
    WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Steppenwolf has Nelson Rigg soft bags on his special, and he really seems to like them. IIRC he just throws them over the top of the seat as opposed to underneath.

Here's a pic of his special. The lower part of his fairing comes off for warmer weather.

I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Those soft bags look really nice and practical. Easy to put on or take off.
        If you do not like the fairing a large windshield will offer the same protection for long rides and is easily removed for around town.
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
        X