I just got another XS1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got another XS1100

I've held onto the frame and title and gas tank of my first '79 special bike, I'd already spent a bunch of time modding the tank mostly, and always wondering if I'd get around to doing a custom build with parts I had or messing around with more XS bikes.

Today I got a '80 XS1100... in trade for just my day's working on a guy's '02 Nissan Frontier Supercharged pickup truck. I installed new front wheel bearings and a knock sensor re-route. Not too shabby.

He was selling this bike for a friend, said it ran when it was last left sitting, apparently had a fresh cylinder head & carb rebuild recently. Obviously an unfinished project, said that it had ape hanger handlebars (and thats why it has an extra long clutch cable) but has real wide bars on there now, no seat included (I have my old '79 seat pan already modified to be a solo seat). Wiring rats nest, ignition switch was bypassed with a switch.. then they found the lost key. It was listed for $450 for sale originally.

This is the most recent project for a short time now I've had big dream thoughts about, like turbocharging it with a Mitsubishi TD04-9b turbo (1 off a 3000GT VR-4 TT car) and custom EFI with a Microsquirt system.

Honestly if I can get early GSXR 600 EFI throttle bodies / injectors to fit to the engine without a crazy amount of custom work then I'm already way ahead in a project that would otherwise be very difficult/expensive which would probably prevent me from trying further..

I'm excited.. and I'm getting to personal motorcycle #5 I want to keep (mostly hopefully forever now) going down my current lifepath, oh jeez...
    haha
Working...
X