Turbo!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo!!!!

As I've said before I'm kinda new to this bike but I REALLY like it!!! It will cruse nice corners OK and jumps up and runs like the word of God. I've got mine set up well enough now that it eats slightly older 6r7r ninjas. For not having much more than a grand in it I think I've done good. But as all young men I guess I want to take it to the " R U F&%+#G NUTS" level.... Does any body know how well the seca 650 turbo setup works on a 1100? Might be a pipe dream but I'd like to go the Yamaha way all the way and not an aftermarket adaptation. I could hide it for the most part I think and then out of no ware Boom........u O me $100!!! How do u feel about your $20,000 pretty bike now. Willing to take any advice out there so please poor it on, good bad or ugly. Thanks for reading
    79 XS11 F

Lol, the Seca's Turbo is a p.o.s. Save your pennies, and go with a Mr. Turbo kit.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Hey Ranger,

I had typed up a little reply, but then lost my internet connection, had to reboot my puter! IMHO Turbo is adding so much complication and $$ with both parts, special exhaust, etc!

Do a search for WET NOS and a post by James England, he has done a wet nos kit on an XS11 successfully. It's a bit easier to put on, provides the INSTANT ON access when wanted, but then allows you to have your regular normal operation otherwise.

Not sure how much bragging rights you'll have since both TURBO and NOS are not stock, vs. beating them with your PURE STOCK bike!? YMMV.

T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

The Seca turbo was FUN!! I had one until a drunk found me.
        As far as putting the turbo on the XS1100, in a word NO. Wrong size turbo, etc.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
        X