Clutch Cable Blocks Spedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Cable Blocks Spedo

Just took my XS out for the first time since getting it running better. Just noticed the spedo only goes to 85. But my real problem is the clutch cable blocks part of the spedo. Is there a different route for this cable so it does not block the spedo?

Also does any year XS have more than 85 on it?

Thanks everyone.
    Bill
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Jardine Spaghetti with Harley Mufflers

Clutch cable should route behind the speedo, sort of between the speedo and headlight and then down under the tank and over the engine to the side where it attaches. I'll bet if you search the forum for 'clutch cable route' you'll probably find a picture or diagram.

Early year bikes had 160(?) MPH speedo, only for 78 and 79. All the 80s and 81s had the 80Mph version.
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

Comment

Originally posted by psycoreefer View Post
      Clutch cable should route behind the speedo, sort of between the speedo and headlight and then down under the tank and over the engine to the side where it attaches. I'll bet if you search the forum for 'clutch cable route' you'll probably find a picture or diagram.

Early year bikes had 160(?) MPH speedo, only for 78 and 79. All the 80s and 81s had the 80Mph version.
      Thanks for the info.

Bill
      1980 XS1100 SG

Comment

It depends which handlebars you are running (the angle of the clutch perch will differ) to determine how to run the clutch cable.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

I did a search but came up without finding anything. As far as I know the bars are stock but am not sure.

Bill
          1980 XS1100 SG

Comment

Working...
          X