80 XS G engine knock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Geezer

Good advice. I took delivery of a 2005 FJR 1300 today and I am not going to use anything except dino oil, probably Shell Rotella or Castrol. For 24 years of riding the XS1100 G, that I broke, it always used Castrol 10W-40 until I got cute and put in Royal Purple 15W-40 synthetic.
    Turbodave:
    Running Against the Wind

Never forget our POWs/MIAs

Iron Butt Association #14500

Comment

FJR 1300/Iron Butt

FJR 1300! I have been lusting after one but living on a pensions kind of limits a guy. I know I could buy it with minimal down and so much a month for the rest of my life but SWMBO would have me sleeping in the garage with it until it was paid off. (maybe longer)
      There is a good article in the July issue of Cycle Canada on the FJR, it's preparation and running in this years Iron Butt. A rider out of Canada here by the name of, Peter Hoogeveen did up the FJ and ran it. I think he finished 4th. If you cannot find a copy of Cycle Canada maybe you could read it on line.
      Enjoy your new ride. Treat that throttle with the respect it deserves.
      Ken/Sooke

Comment

Hey Ken/Ratbyk,

Check out the feature photo on the Yahoo group this week. It's a shot of Tom Cale's FJR1300 he got this past year and drove to XSEast W.Va. He's Canuck, too. What is it with you guys being able to get these rare machines!?!?

Maybe he'll let you take it for ride if you visit him!?

Hey, sleeping with your new bike for a few years isn't so bad of a trade off, it IS the second most exciting thing to put between your legs you know!!!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

FJR

Hi TC, at last years XS PNE 03 rally Dino had a new one there. It was so new he was ridding on a temporary permit. Mike Hart, Gary Granger and a couple of other people had a ride on it. I was offered a ride but I don't ride anything that if I drop it I bought it.
          I did sit on it and it"fit" very well. That's as brave as I got on that one.
          PS. Mike had to dodge a deer on his road test. It shook him a little bit realizing that he almost bought it you might say!
          I sat on one at our local dealer last week. Still fits my butt but not my pocket. ($18,495 cdn plus taxes) Plus all the extra insurance costs. It is a lot of money to pay for the right to loose your license.
          Ride safe,
          Ken/Sooke

Comment

Working...
          X