Haarstad's XS1100SF 'Build' Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haarstad's XS1100SF 'Build' Thread

Since i have used this site for everything XS for the past 4 years, I have decide to show everyone my new 1979 XS1100 Special. I have recently purchased this bike from my Dad as a complete bagger. Since that's not really the style i want in this point of my life, i already had plans for it even before the purchase.

Meet my new SF

I recently sold my SG under less than ideal circumstances, which i had already mildly modified to my satisfaction. Since this isn't my first XS, this one will probly end up a little more "One of kind".

If you would like to see a short thread on my old SG, you can see it Here.

First thing that was done to this bike was fairing removal. I found a H4 Halogen Headlight assembly w/parking light and 3" rise/1" Pullback Clubman bars that were ordered the following day. Blinkers were found after digging through a small bin of XS Parts Lying around!

Once my bars were received, I was pretty sad to see that my clubman bars hit my air filler caps on my forks before they got to the position i wanted . After a bit of brainstorming risers and anything else i could think of just to get a couple more degrees rotation.... I decided to make brass shims for under the bars. Looks like .050" in enough!

Progress after Bars and Headlight! Parking light will be hooked up to the Ignition as the brake light is. (Not hot yet)

I had been looking for an original seat for the SF with little luck (found 2 on Ebay for $500 each). Before loosing faith, i decided to make a post on here and had one found in 1 day within my price range! (Thanks jwhughes3!) The original seat was received this weekend and it now sits on the bike, bringing it one step closer to my vision!

Here is how it sits today!

I will try to keep this thread as updated as I can, I have a lot of riding to do this summer though!
    Eric Haarstad
    Minnesota

1979 XS1100 Special

Beautiful

your dad took care of that bike !

I noticed your SG on the side off the road with Black hawk and Central City on the road sign.. I've been there and way above those towns were the gold mines are boarded or steel plated doors. Went all the way to the top of the first mountain, parked, looking around BIG CAT tracks in the snow. Looked over where the road went, straight down, could see the road going up the next mountain but could not look over far enough to see the road going down from where we were.
    Then stop at a bar and while having a beer notice a picture under the glass top, naked people. Seems every year the town folk get naked and party.
    76 XS650 C ROADSTER
    80 XS650 G Special II
    https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
    80 XS 1100 SG
    81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
    https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
    AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Nice looking XS.

Bill
      1980 XS1100 SG
      Jardine Spaghetti with Harley Mufflers

Comment

Colorado was a pretty awesome time. Who doesn't like to party naked though
        I've got a lot of plans for this bike so hopefully everything keeps going at a decent pace with building it. Too bad unlimited funds isn't my problem!
        Eric Haarstad
        Minnesota

1979 XS1100 Special

Comment

Working...
        X