georgefix transaction gone bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• georgefix transaction gone bad

I have a purchase thru georgefix who typically does biz on ebay, that has turned out poorly. He is mistakenly or whatever claiming that he sent me parts, that I have not received. He is also making claims that he sent me a money request, with a tracking number, I have a copy of that request and there is no tracking number on it, how is it, that he would send a tracking number anyways, since I had not paid yet??? If there is a positive resolution to this problem, I will post it here immediately after the resolution. Heretofore, I have had good luck purchasing from him so I trusted him, I would not do so again at this point. A word to the wise is sufficient.
    Bikes Now.
    80 MNS 11 pods,georgefix kit,stock jets, HD Sporty muffs
    79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold
    83 Yammi Venture with custom footboards, 20k miles.
    83 Yammi Venture parts bike

99 Valkyrie shield and bags 37k miles like new
    08 ZX 14 Kawa Ninja 6k miles Sold

update , georgefix refunded

He refunded, I dont know what happened to the package, maybe never will. This is a satisfactory end to the transaction above.
    Bikes Now.
    79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold

Comment

I'm sorry that you experienced trouble with your transaction and am pretty confident it was an isolated incident. I, along with my others, have ordered from georgefix on e-bay without issue.

Was your transaction a purchase from e-bay? If it was, it's safest to use an integrated payment option, such as Paypal, for proof of payment to help protect you as well as add structure to the transaction so the seller can easily manage payment receipt and shipping confirmation from their end.
      82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
      Website/Blog

Comment

I don't understand the severity of the issue? Within 3 posts on this forum to tell of the situation, in a day's time you were taken care of. Mistakes happen, and he has always been a stand-up guy as you stated. Things do take a bit of time to resolve, and glad you are taken care of.
        Last edited by Bonz; 07-20-2015, 07:49 AM.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

fix from george

Perhaps I was a bit intense about the problem, however, we were going back and forth in email prolly eight to ten times, and he was not recognizing the problem. I was quite specific about what was happening, and my detailed record of the transaction, but he did not seem to recognize that a whole different transaction had occurred, than apparently he was thinking about even though, I had explained that it was a second transaction. The prob apparently was, I had bought a set of kits on July 1,, and they were delivered on July 6, I also bought an xs11 kit on July 7, but that was off ebay even though, I had communicated thru ebay on it, and so had he. It took a number of email s to convince him of the second transaction, prolly because it had been done off ebay. I will certainly make sure every thing occurs on ebay from now on, and of course I always use paypal. Sorry to jump the gun if thats what is thought, and I can recommend george no problem, I have done perhaps six or so transactions on ebay/paypal, with this vendor, and they have all gone smoothly.
          Bikes Now.

Comment

You did a good job following up, did you get the parts elsewhere or place another order with George?
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

all I needed was a spring

Well thanks Bonz. All I really needed was a spring, the one that holds the fuel screw into its position. It was lost somehow when I had the carbs apart. The same day I made the order to george,,, on a whim, I stopped by the local full service hardware store, with my calipers in hand hoping to find a spring that was the right size to use temporarily. After some measuring,, for three bux I brought a package of springs home, that had the right id, od, and wire thickness diameter. I now have what amounts to lifetime supply of those springs materials for those carbs. I cut off enough spring to do its job,, 300 thousands of an inch to be sure, and assembled the fuel screw put it in, and the bike ran fine. However, if there is some problem, I do have two yama venture parts bikes here, that use the same spring, so I am all set. I just would have took the kit, and had some spare parts, but since it kinda went south, I guess it all worked out. The real problem was prolly the communication thru ebay, but not the transaction thru ebay, since ebay wasnt involved, in sending him purchase reminders,, the purchase prolly just got lost in the shuffle, he is a busy guy, with over a hundred k feedbacks.
              Last edited by yamtom; 07-20-2015, 04:48 PM.
              Bikes Now.

Comment

I won't say it is an isolated issue. I used to source parts from him for carb servicing. He sent me VM type pilot jets which have the jet at the top of the jet (bottom of the carb) unlike the BS type. He didn't care to correct it after years of sourcing parts from him so I quit. I just stopped offering cheaper jetting which was fine by me anyways. Off brand jets are just question marks anyways.
                '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Like Prothec ... I, too, have purchased a few items from Georgefix through Ebay with no problems whatsoever.

Always the correct items, and fast shipping.
                  Marco

Current bikes:
                  1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
                  1979 Honda CBX
                  2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
                  WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Amazon has made it difficult for the smaller sellers. With their massive warehouses and automated fulfillment centers they set certain expectations in the buyer's mind that are hard for the smaller, independent ebay sellers to compete.

My worst experience was waiting 2 months to get a seat cover when my order placed on the seat cover vendor's website was lost. I could have started calling sooner to get it cleared up. It was annoying, but sometimes that's just what happens with a small business.
                    82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
                    Website/Blog

Comment

Working...
                    X