Rox Pivoting handlebar extensions, take 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rox Pivoting handlebar extensions, take 2

Hello all! I'm new to the forum and am grateful for all the help you've already given me.

I recently got a '79 Special, and am unhappy with the handlbars -- I want them to move up and back just a little. I found an old thread about the Rox pivoting handlebar extensions, but wonder if anyone here has used them (or something similar) with stock bars. (I'm specifically looking at the 2" extensions.)

It appears that this should be an easy move, as though there's enough play on the wiring and cables so that I shouldn't have to replace anything. Can anyone verify this? If anything WILL need to be extended, what would it be?

I just want to make sure before I buy them, and don't want to remove the handlebars to check it out if someone here already knows the answer.

Thanks!
    Last edited by VegasMichael; 07-09-2015, 01:04 PM. Reason: a little more specific
    79 SF

I have these in 2" and have used them for about 5 years.

They work great as infinitely adjustable option. Nothing needs to be extended, though I rerouted my throttle cable last time bike was apart and its tight on extreme left turns which revs it I just need to get my extra inch back of slack.

I suggest roughing up the bosses with sandpaper when installing to keep it from rotating except under hard pressure.

Here is a pic of them installed.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Thanks! Sounds like this should be an easy upgrade.
      79 SF

Comment

Here is a closeup view....

1979 F worst one i could find
        to convert into a bobber/ streetfighter!

We can't all get along!

Comment

Working...
        X