My 1st connection to you guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st connection to you guys

Hey, this is already fun! I am the orig owner of an '80 Standard, much modified (1200 cc's,etc.). It's currently down to motor, wheels, frame and I'm at a crossroads...do I take it down to the frame for full restore(pdr coat frame, etc) or do I build it from where it is now(pdr coat all bolt on stuff)tank and fenders bright red, all else gloss black. Replacing orig wiring and all bearings out then in is the big difference in my choices, time off road too. My future posts will be shorter, sorry. Any opinions? (I have alot of XS experience and questions, that's why this is so fun!)
    Doyle

Hey there Doyle,

Welcome to the group! I think most everyone else is out riding, cause nobody has posted a reply!!! As for what to do, depends on how fast you can strip it down to frame and powder coat? I would think the Nevada has a bit longer riding season than further up north, but then again with altitude, winter can roar in quickly! So...if you want to get to riding fast, leave it as is and rebuild from there. The frame doesn't show that much anyways, gloss black paint looks fine to me! Then when winter comes, if you don't like how it looks, you've got all winter to tear it back down and fix it!? Fellow "Little" Big Bore rider!
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Doyle, replacing the wiring will be a major drama. Your head will be spinning with wiring diagrams for weeks. Your friends will think you're on drugs because you're gonna spend 24 hours a day gazing blankly into space tracing coloured wires back and forth in your mind.

Comment

Working...
      X