Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Oil Pressure

Hello Fellas,

I am coming to you good folks yet again for help!

My oil pressure light is flickering on and off and staying on for some length of time in other instances.

I have a lockhart oil cooler on that came with the bike.

The pressure sensor switch has been replaced so isn't the issue. I am wondering if the oil cooler could be the issue and would be worth taking off to find out?

Your thoughts on the issue are appreciated!
    79 SF

The 79 Special you have is unique to the other models, as it shares the oil pressure bulb with the tail light burned out bulb warning system. There is a light checker module under the left side plastic side cover and the pins in it's connector get loose and cause the problem you describe. Find that connector and jiggle it some and see if the light flickers on and off. The connection can either be repaired or you could bypass the entire unit.

Light Checker Unit Bypass : (79 Special only) Unplug unit and connect blu and blu/yel together at the harness plug.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Here is a pic of the light checker unit...

2H7 (79)
      3H3

Comment

Perfect, I was wondering how I was going to locate it. Thanks Phil, I will check it and report back!
        79 SF

Comment

Sweet mother of pearl! It worked! Light is off now! Thanks a million Phil!
          79 SF

Comment

Awesome, you're welcome.
            2H7 (79)
            3H3

Comment

Working...
            X