Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS/XJ friendly shops in Chicagoland

Well let the newbie madness begin...

Does anybody know a XS/XJ friendly shop in the Chicagoland or suburban area? Either Yamaha, independent, etc. I don't mind. I need the once over on my 82 Maxim. Just looking for someone to do some quality work. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    People are sheep. I am the shepherd.
    1982 XJ1100 Maxim

Don't know much about service, but as for parts, Champion cycle on Western and Addison has had in stock just about everything I have ever needed(cables, filters, gaskets). Also, unlike most shops in the area, I know that they will work on older bikes; Ive actually seen a good number of XS's in the service area over the years. Redline cycles on Lincoln in Skokie specializes in old Kawasaki KZs but they seem very knowlegeable about all older Japanese bikes. I've had tires mounted there and had a chance to talk to some of the guys that work there and they seem to actually care about what they are doing.
    1980 XS 1100 Standard
    1980 XS 1100 Special
    1982 XJ 1100
    1972 Honda CB 350

Comment

I was just going through the service records that I recieved from the previous owner when I bought the bike and it looks like he had all of his work done at Four and Six Cycle at 3110 N Kedzie Ave (773) 539-4600
      1980 XS 1100 Standard
      1980 XS 1100 Special
      1982 XJ 1100
      1972 Honda CB 350

Comment

Working...
      X