Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have a 82 XJ1100 Maxim Owner's Manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have a 82 XJ1100 Maxim Owner's Manual?

Just bought a 82 XJ1100 Maxim with no owner's manual. Does anybody have a copy they can PDF (scan) and send me? Having a hard time finding one. Any help would be appreciated.

Send it to: dropinski@sbcglobal.net
    People are sheep. I am the shepherd.
    1982 XJ1100 Maxim

owners manuel

i havent been able to find one for xj specific,only for the xs.MOST of the stuff in there go's for our bike also,very few things arent correct. but than you can find any info here ,that the book does not deal with directly.Hope this helps ya out.
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Yamaha "was" offering photo copies of these free of charge a few years back. Not sure if they still offer this or not, but here's the contact information:

Yamaha Motor Corporation
      555 Katella Ave.
      Cypress, CA 90630

Phone: 1-800-962-7926
      Hours: 8:30 to 5:00 Pacific Time

Let us know if you are successful in this.. that way we will know if they still offer this service.
      Brian
      1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
      1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
      remembering the same thing!

Comment

Thanks to xssiveone for the info!
        Called Yamaha and they're sending me a photocopy from their library.

If the copy is clear, I'm going to try and make it a Acrobat PDF file. I can't imagine I'm the only one who needs a copy.

Peace.
        People are sheep. I am the shepherd.
        1982 XJ1100 Maxim

Comment

Just to clarify...there are 2 manuals. One is the Owner's Manual, a yellow-jacketed small book that came with the bike. Then there is the Service Manual, a larger book that details repair/rebuild/maintenance procedures. A microfiche that lists parts is available from most dealers.

The Service Manual is, I believe, still available as a Yamaha part. The Owner's Manual is not. Yamaha USA in California can tell you a number of things, like is a part still available and even what warehouse it might be in. They will not sell you parts, have to go through a dealer. If the part is no longer available, like the Owner's Manual, and they have one in their files, they may send you a copy. I've received some snowmobile manuals this way.

If you plan to work on your XJ, you really need the Shop Manual more than the Owner's Manual. Do a search on 'shop manuals' and you will see several threads, some include source information for the shop manual and microfiche.
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
          X