Special fuel sender question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special fuel sender question

Hammer's note reminded me of something. I'm putting my repainted Special tank back together--one I got cheap from a parts bike and never ran myself.

The PO had the petcocks reversed, with mismatched levers, and so I don't trust it was put together correctly last time.

If I follow the routing of the sender cable the way he has it, the termistor tip will point up. Is that the correct alignment? I looked for a parts diagram but it showed the unit from the back.

Thanks.

Steve
    Steve R

'80 SG
    "Fred" -- TC fuse box, stock airbox/exhaust/jets, SS brake lines, Windjammer V fairing, Cibie headlight lens, TKAT fork brace, Showa rear shocks, MikesXS emulators

Former bikes:

1973 Yamaha 125 Enduro (brother's but I 'borrowed' it a lot, usually after midnight)
    1978 XS400E Red
    1981 XS850 Special (Stingo)

The wire from the thermistor with the loop faces down...

2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Thanks, looks like it's set up the right way. Now I just need to find fibre washers for the bolts as the ones that were there are hard as rocks.

Assume they are the same ones as the petcock screws. Yamaha wants far too much for those...
      Steve R

'80 SG
      "Fred" -- TC fuse box, stock airbox/exhaust/jets, SS brake lines, Windjammer V fairing, Cibie headlight lens, TKAT fork brace, Showa rear shocks, MikesXS emulators

Former bikes:

1973 Yamaha 125 Enduro (brother's but I 'borrowed' it a lot, usually after midnight)
      1978 XS400E Red
      1981 XS850 Special (Stingo)

Comment

Worked a furniture store

years ago, I brought home a stack of furniture sample leather swatches,ya never know ? I went to get the little washers at YD and paid the price. Next time I bought hole punches and when I needed I made my own. 2 washers super glued together made them some what hard (so I could tighen but not deform) and thick enough to seal, suede to suede.

Originally posted by Bergman16 View Post
        Thanks, looks like it's set up the right way. Now I just need to find fibre washers for the bolts as the ones that were there are hard as rocks.

Assume they are the same ones as the petcock screws. Yamaha wants far too much for those...
        76 XS650 C ROADSTER
        80 XS650 G Special II
        https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
        80 XS 1100 SG
        81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
        https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
        AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Working...
        X