RC Engineering Exhaust Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC Engineering Exhaust Question

I have a '78 xs1100 that has a nice rc system on it. About a year or so ago I was riding and I noticed that the rc engineering plaque on the rear section had come loose and of course was nowhere to be found. If someone has an old system that is not being used I will gladly buy the plaque from you. I am almost to the point of just having one cnc'd. I do not want to just for the reason of originality. Pics of what I am looking for below. Actually from this site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you gone to Russ Collin's site and checked if there may be any extra parts floating around?
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

I will look into it. I called rc engineering today to see if they could point me in the right direction and they could not help. I knew they had nothing to do now days with anything pertaining to what I was looking for but it was worth a shot. Thanks for the pointer.

Comment

I could never find Russ Collin's website. So, my search continues. Bump

Comment

Russ passed last year. I don't know who may have any of the left over parts from his company. I know he sold it some time back, but I don't know about any "spares".
          Good luck! He made some GREAT speed parts! Ask Special Ed about the engine he's got in his special...
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Yeah, I saw Russ had passed away around this time last year. I did not know if there was still a source for spare parts or not. I may have to have one made like I was thinking. I hate to do that, but it looks stupid with no plaque there.

Comment

It looks like this link MAY get you in touch with someone who may know how to get a replacement, if one is available. http://www.cb750cafe.com/blog/russ-c...d-with-cb750s/
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
                It looks like this link MAY get you in touch with someone who may know how to get a replacement, if one is available. http://www.cb750cafe.com/blog/russ-c...d-with-cb750s/
                Awesome. Thank you! I will see what I can do.

Comment

Working...
                X