Finally got her all together.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got her all together.

About 5 months ago this bike was a complete mess. I got her for 350 bucks from a fella who had her out in his garage for 3 years with weeds growing all over her. The gas tank was dented and rusty inside and out. The carb was filthy. Carb boots were rotten. She had dirtdobbers nests all over the cooling fins, the front brake was stuck, plugs were wore down, I could keep going but I think you all get the picture. I still got a little cleaning up to do on her and it jumps a little when you put it in first so I'll have to see how to adjust the clutch but she fires right up easy and runs hard and loud

I still got a little more spit and polishing to do but all in all I'm happy with the way she's back running and I certainly could not have done it without the knowledge on this site, Thanks fellas
    81 H

Nice job! How about a few more pics?
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Nervous?

==========
      Doesn't that seat with (apparently) only one point of attachment make you nervous? Did you keep some 'semblance of the rear suspension or is it hard tail? My co-worker says that for builds like this the guiding rule is "take everything off and only put back what makes it go fast" . . . sound about right?
      JIM P. ~ BOISE, ID
      ==========
      79 SF

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
        Nice job! How about a few more pics?
        Yes please.

Comment

Working...
        X