Sport Fairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport Fairing

Has anybody fitted one of these to their bike?

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/m...-sport-fairing

I have a 1979 XS 1100 with a round headlight.
    78E, 79F, 80G

I did one, not this exact one, but just like it. I did a custom mount but they do make a universal mount kit.

http://www.speedmotoco.com/windscree...cycle-s/73.htm
    Rob - 79 SF

Comment

DeanR has one.

Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
        DeanR has one.
        Ya beat me to it Marty.
        80 SG
        81 SH in parts
        99 ST1100
        91 ST1100

Comment

Hi Dean, did that model fit OK?
          78E, 79F, 80G

Comment

Don't recall any fit difficulties. Two arm connection to the bars.
            I think this is a pretty great addition to these bikes. It takes most of the air off your chest and your head remains in clean air. The look speaks for itself in my opinion.

On second thought, it may have involved very minor trimming at the turn signal stalks.
            Last edited by DeanR; 03-10-2015, 05:46 PM.
            80 SG
            81 SH in parts
            99 ST1100
            91 ST1100

Comment

Hi Dean- I just bought the one for the Standard. I know for a fact that if you're looking for a bubble of protection, it's not for you, and I'd seek a Vetter fairing. In the Fall I installed two different fairings, a Spitfire and a BIG windshield. The Spitfire was horrible on MY bike, and the windshield provided good wind resistance. If I had a Special, the aerodynamics would probs be much different. I look forward to getting it painted and mounted for my first ride.
              1979 XS1100F
              2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Limie Accent

This bike has the Maier fairing on it. Several of the Bob Jones bike had them. I have had to replace the wind screen on Limie Accent. I had the fairing off to do so. You really have to want one of these on your bike and they do look good. But it is a PITA to deal with (especially if you mount mirrors on it) and there is a lot of "clutter" on the handle bars. The fairing covers up the two fork side reflectors.

1981 XS1100H Venturer
                K&N Air Filter
                ACCT
                Custom Paint by Deitz
                Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                Stebel Nautilus Horn
                EBC Front Rotors
                Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                  In the Fall I installed two different fairings, a Spitfire and a BIG windshield. The Spitfire was horrible on MY bike, and the windshield provided good wind resistance. If I had a Special, the aerodynamics would probs be much different.
                  I tried the Spitfire windshield once. Terrible, terrible.. lasted a day or two. Crazy buffetting no matter how I adjusted it.

Sounds like a tougher Maier install on a Standard than on the Special?

Bob Jones chose these for a reason.
                  80 SG
                  81 SH in parts
                  99 ST1100
                  91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                    I tried the Spitfire windshield once. Terrible, terrible.. lasted a day or two. Crazy buffetting no matter how I adjusted it.

Bob Jones chose these for a reason.
                    Lol, yeah. Some have had good luck with them

And, not to discount Mr. Jones's tastes, but I heard those mufflers he used on his theme bikes were utter garbage . . .
                    1979 XS1100F
                    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

[QUOTE=IanDMacDonald;459459]Lol, yeah. Some have had good luck with them

And, not to discount Mr. Jones's tastes, but I heard those mufflers he used on his theme bikes were utter garbage . . .[/QUOTE]

Thats my theory ...Bob Jones like these i think because they were a quick bang for the buck...cheap but could translate to big bucks...I recall Bob Jones being referred to here as the "High Priest of Temple Eleven"
                      Dean...your bike looks great just like i recall seeing it the one and only year you brought it to an XS event...mind you I'm only talking about XSEAst...last time was 2008 in Stroudsburg PA
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Was referring to Mr Jones choice of the Maier fairings for his builds, but I guess the same holds true for the whole bike!
                        80 SG
                        81 SH in parts
                        99 ST1100
                        91 ST1100

Comment

Working...
                        X