Found an XS11 Special : ) but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found an XS11 Special : ) but.....

Listed for sale asking $1300 BUT he Rustoleum'd the hell out of it...lol Says it runs awesome,...which is the important part. But there is no coming back from all that spray paint.

It's close to me and in the price range I wanted to spend.

Thoughts??????

Rob - 79 SF

Looks like the start of a good project.... just buy lots of paint stripper..
    1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
    2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Sometimes I think there should be a certification process in order to buy spray paint.

You need to see the bike in person, rev it up, and make sure it 'actually' runs good. Even if he says it does, someone that would paint a bike like that (probably a kid) doesn't know what 'runs well' really means.

Not a terrible price, especially if you have your heart set on a local xs11. I bet he will come down in price tho. It seems these bikes are tough to sell in the 4 figure category unless they are a 9/10 or a full touring model.
      79 SF

IG "9mmHeater"

Comment

Originally posted by b.walker5 View Post
        Looks like the start of a good project.... just buy lots of paint stripper..
        Paint stripper??? That would mean dismantling the entire bike....lol. Not a project that sounds like fun. Hmmmmm
        Rob - 79 SF

Comment

It's bad a$$ ugly. Do you want a fugly bike? If not, are you willing to take it apart and clean it up? If not, then I'd leave it alone. Much better looking machines can be had for that price.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

You're right Jet. Thanks for talking me off the ledge....
            Rob - 79 SF

Comment

And prices should be lower this time of year
              Tom
              1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
              1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
              1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
              1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

Working...
              X