LED headlight conversion kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shutchis View Post
    Okay Mr. K, The National Inquirer wants to know...how was the road test? My headlight works great during the day, not so good at night. It's almost Christmas and Mrs Santa wants to buy me a present.
    Sorry, Christmas has past so you will have to come up with another reason to buy a trinket for the bike. I think the sun rising is good enough. While I still struggle with posting pics, here is the progress.

I rode around with the OEM Stanley Headlight that came with the Vetter fairing. Initial results have been positive. I have found that switching to high beam does not make a major difference but it still throws alot of light out. Low beam is excellent with good light dispersion and distance. Superior to the 80/100w H4 that was in it. I swapped out to the "clear cut" headlight this weekend but cold and rain has kept the XS in the garage.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

I drive over 150,000 miles each year.
      I hate HID and LED headlights.
      Maybe they can see but I can't.
      Also people with the fog lights on. It just doubles the number of lights in the eyes of oncoming traffic. Fog lights are for slow speed visability.
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Get behind the wheel or handlebars of an HID or LED setup, and u'll probs be a convert. OEM will be going to LED as-soon as they can find an economic means to produce them.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Kelly View Post
          I drive over 150,000 miles each year.
          I hate HID and LED headlights.
          Maybe they can see but I can't.
          Also people with the fog lights on. It just doubles the number of lights in the eyes of oncoming traffic. Fog lights are for slow speed visability.
          Hey Pat,

You're sitting up high in that big rig, so the lights aren't at eye level for you like they are for normal cagers and such. IF you're having that much trouble with visibility from GLARE, sounds like you need to have an eye checkup.

Swmbo had a cataract that was causing considerable glare and haloes at night while driving. Once she had it removed, the glare was gone...at least in that eye....her other eye has a SMALL one, so it's not that bothersome to her YET. JAT!

T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Mr. K, Should I spend big bucks and buy a Phase 7 Led headlight or go with your design? I really don't ride much at night any more but one time is enough to find a better solution.
            '80 XS1100LG Midnight Special
            Looks like an '82 Maxim, Fuel Injected
            '82 XJ1100J, Fuel Injected
            Stan Hutchison

Comment

Working...
            X