Sargent Cycle Seat Refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sargent Cycle Seat Refurb

Anyone ever have Sargent Cycle refurb their XS1100 seat? I have 2 seats so I dropped one off last week while in Jax. I will post pics once its back. Curious to see how the closed cell technology feels along with the new graphite texture material. Btw, Corbin Seat wouldn't touch it. They were my first choice.
    Gene (Florida)
    1980 XS1100SG
    Accel Coils
    4-1 Jardine Exhaust

I have a Sargent seat on mine. I'd say you're a little late in asking since you already dropped it off. Mine has material on it that is no longer available. It has their ballistic foam in it, or whatever it was that they called it. IIRC, they did my seat in 2003 and to date, it has stood the test of time.

Oct 2011

If I had it to do over, would I do it again? Yes! Mine retains the stock shape although maybe a little more rounded up front. It's just as uncomfortable or comfortable as the stock seat. That foam doesn't do any miracles. I find gel pads useless as well. There, you have it.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Looks pretty good Marty. That's pretty funny. I was hoping it felt better vs the 34 year old foam. lol
      Gene (Florida)
      1980 XS1100SG
      Accel Coils
      4-1 Jardine Exhaust

Comment

I'm sure it's better than 34 year old foam. The issue is that it's still a stock seat and there are pressure points. The best seat might start with a plaster impression of your posterior.

Have look at how this one was done. http://youtu.be/lfRk3YETUkI
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Very slick. A lot of people don't understand what goes into a seat, thus the reason I'm having someone do it. Throwing a new cover over it does nothing, but make it look good.

Btw, Sargent Cycle has a nice shop.
          Gene (Florida)
          1980 XS1100SG
          Accel Coils
          4-1 Jardine Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by gene View Post
            Btw, Sargent Cycle has a nice shop.
            I did my research before I ever sent them a seat. I am well aware that they are a first class operator. I have 11 years and over 60,000 miles on my Sargent seat and it still looks like new.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Thanks Marty. I personally only used Corbin products in the past. I put about the same miles on my 1985 FJ100 Gyn Fighter seat. I did have a few friends when I lived in Cali use Sargent.

I will post a pic once it comes in.

Thanks Again.
              Gene (Florida)
              1980 XS1100SG
              Accel Coils
              4-1 Jardine Exhaust

Comment

Because I am kind of an ass, anyone who posts a question here AFTER making their decision and taking action receives the appropriate rebuke: Dude! You got screwed!
                "Venturered" 80 XS1100G - "DoraMax" getting sort of resto/destro ed.

Yeah it's a pretty blue, but just because you're old is no excuse to buy a bagger. Fortunately I have wrenches.

Comment

Working...
                X