Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short stalk turn signal options?

Hey guys

I want to put smaller turn signals on my bike...either short stalk version of the OEM's or some smaller turn signals...

Almost everything I look at has two wires, and the original lights have one wire...how does this work? Do I have to find replacements with one wire only?

Thanks!

Nick
    79 F

Actually, the OEM 'standard' turns are two wire in front, one in the rear. And none of the wires are a ground, with the ground being done through the light housing. The stock fronts are turn and running lights, the rears are turn only. If going aftermarket, most 'two wire' lights are turn only, one hot wire and the other a ground wire. If you want to retain the front running lights, you'll probably need to find a three wire light.
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Parts N' More has one wire and two wire replacements. Mike's XS has short stalk OEM look replacements in the Special style. They are all single wire, so you lose your running lights.

Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

How would I wire up a two or three wire light? It isnt just plug and play is it?
        79 F

Comment

Yes, it is plug and play. If you use single wire/single filament lights on the front, you will simply stow and cap the running light wires.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

I bought these for the fronts. They "look" plug and play but they were a real B to install. Had to do a LOT of modification.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Black-H...item339403fdee
            Rob - 79 SF

Comment

Working...
            X