Jardine 4 into 1 Exhaust Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jardine 4 into 1 Exhaust Installation

I love the looks of this exhaust I picked up new about 6 years ago. I have one big question.

The header pipes slip into the main canister and there are no collars our anything to secure each pipe.

Am i missing something?
    Gene (Florida)
    1980 XS1100SG
    Accel Coils
    4-1 Jardine Exhaust

Nope! Mine is the same way and I am not aware of a leak. I don't know if I have a Jardine or not.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

That is actually a good design, welded systems tend to crack at the welds due to expansion and contraction because of heating and cooling of the pipes. Slip joints allow for it.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Thanks guys. All done.
        Gene (Florida)
        1980 XS1100SG
        Accel Coils
        4-1 Jardine Exhaust

Comment

It's getting there. The exhaust sounds great.
          Gene (Florida)
          1980 XS1100SG
          Accel Coils
          4-1 Jardine Exhaust

Comment

Glad this question was asked. Have a jardine in my stash and was wondering why there were no clamp marks on the muffler or crossover connections.
            79SF
            XJ11
            78E

Comment

Working...
            X