My Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polariski's Bike

After looking at the first couple pictures I was going to say; quit polish-en it, quit taking pictures of it and get out and ride. Then! the snow shots appeared and I know why it is so shiny.
    Looks good. Hope you have a long moderately warm summer with out any forest fires.
    Snow? ah well it is Alberta!
    Ken/Sooke
    78E Ratbyk
    82 FT500 "lilRat"

Comment

That looks different, sort of a V-max look to it....
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

I bought it as you see it. The guy who did the work put Kawasaki fenders, Honda tank and side covers, and a Harley seat and light, with an aftermarket handlebar. Its very light for an 1100, I think, and the look if the bike gets attention.

Comment

v-max

i like that v-max look ,very nice scooter u got there.
          1982 XJ 1100
          going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
          now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Looks like a rocket, man! Great lookin' bike!
            '79 XS11F Standard

Comment

Thanks for the positive feed back. To bad with the 4 cylinder one cant install forward controls like on a v-twin.

Comment

controls

hay anything is posible,fabricate some and do it!
                1982 XJ 1100
                going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
                now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Thats a sweet looking XS, I love how the tank and seat look together.....Cool!! What does it weigh???

Comment

Havent weighed it as of yet, but it feels quite light.

Comment

forward controls

i'm working out the details on a set of controls right now. i have a set of controls from a shadow that will work nicely. however, some frame modification is necessary, like the old triumphs, welding a bar off the downtubes with gussets and making a mounting plate just past the engine covers. i bought a new rear master for a harley at a swap meet. i have to make the plunger pushrod so it will work with the shadow controls but not a real big deal. the new brake hose will be expensive because it's so long but worth it to get my legs out there. i'm 6' 3" so i need more leg room. anything is possible if your willing to put in the time, the effort and the money. if you need a base on wich to start look at some forward controls from a sporty, it is the same idea with the extension bar only for the xs it has to be longer. some of the sporty kits can be purchased for about $150 US. you will wreck the chrome but hey, whatever. bought the shadow controls on ebay for $35 US. keep it on two! very nice ride, we will have to get together on a ride since we are only a couple of hours apart

Comment

I would be interested in the final product when you are done. Pictures please.

Comment

Working...
                        X