Mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage

G'Day Excessives. Time for a bit of bragging. I now have a bit more than 72,000 miles on my XS. The motor has never been apart. Just regular maitenance. I ride ann average now of 18,000 miles a year. Comments????
    Wes Thompson
    79SF
    Wes Thompson
    79SF

Mileage

Hey Wes Looks like you got your XS broken in at last. Just kidding. They are a great bike. bkr

Comment

I just got my first XS11 last week.
      I picked it up with just under 15,000.
      I know I've got a loto of riding to do.
      But, Wes, make no mistake about it, I'm gonna be catchin' up to you sooner than you think.

Keep ridin' buddy.
      I am a rhinoceros and my skin is three feet thick.
      //////////////WARSENAULT/////////////

Comment

Take a look at the Iron Butt mileage awards site...some of these guys put on serious mileage, like 100K per year, 30K in 30 days, 20K in 20 days.

I was getting 10K -12K per year when I lived in AZ, but these Colorado winters are a bit more harsh and my mileage will go down.

Face it, most XS/XJs don't wear out; they die from lack of use!
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Amen, brother.
          I am a rhinoceros and my skin is three feet thick.
          //////////////WARSENAULT/////////////

Comment

Mileage

And all this time i thought my XJ had high mileage at 35232 Klm. You learn something every day.. bkr

Comment

Mileage

G'Day excessives. I buy 3 tires a year now. Really couldnt afford to qualify for the Iron Butt. I simply live to ride. Fortunatly I live in Texas so the riding season is mostly year 'round. Danny Meyer rids way more than I do. Ane he writes better. I love this bike. It's old and sometimes cranky, but it's a blast to ride. Being dressed the police dont mess with the old geezer either. And thats a bonus. Specially since I cruise at 85 or so. Have a GREAT day and thanks for the comments.
              Keep on riding!
              Wes Thompson
              79 SF
              Wes Thompson
              79SF

Comment

Working...
              X