I need help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help please!

I was forced off the road by a group of guys in a bad neighborhood. The problem with them has been taken care of, but not the problem with my bike. I hit a median on the left side of the bike. My bars were bent, the crash bar bent and broke the timing cover, and everything under the timing cover, including the cover. The bars I should be able to replace, but I'm having a hard time finding all the parts I need for the timing plate. Basically, everything from the timing plate forward is broken, to include the wiring harness. Does anyone have any spare parts for sale, or know a place to look? I'm a full time student on the GI Bill, and broke ATM, so the cheaper the better. I don't remember how to add pics, or I would. It's late I can add that in the morning.
    79 XS11 special "Loki" - homemade 4-2 exhaust, pod filters, rebuilt forks with progressive springs, tkat fork brace, progressive shocks, rebuilt all brakes and MC's, rebuilt carbs with #142.5 main and #42.5 pilot, a custom front and chin fairing, and a handmade set of saddlebags....

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

04 Buell XB12R "Butterfly"

"I had a name at some point, a birth-name, but now everyone just calls me Wolf...."

Wolf
    Moto Militia MC

Not sure about free parts, but Andreas is the source for used XS parts. You can click on the parts for sale section and see his name. Ebay is also an option. Ur looking for Ignition cover, timing plate, mechanical advance, advance pod, and pickup coils. Good-luck with your parts hunting.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

i think i can do the timing plate, mechanical advance, advance pod, and pickup coils
      careful what you wish for.........you might get it

Comment

Talk with Andreas, he has what you need and Im sure it is reasonably priced. From what I have read, for site member he usually sends you the parts without even taking payment. By the sounds of it, he might be willing to work out a payment plan with you if required. Just be honest with him and dont jerk him around or ruin it for others by not making good with him. Good luck.

BTW, care to elaborate on how the other problem was solved? Sounds like an interesting story.
        '79 XS11 F
        Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
        Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
        GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

I think ive gotten parts from him before. lol
          79 XS11 special "Loki" - homemade 4-2 exhaust, pod filters, rebuilt forks with progressive springs, tkat fork brace, progressive shocks, rebuilt all brakes and MC's, rebuilt carbs with #142.5 main and #42.5 pilot, a custom front and chin fairing, and a handmade set of saddlebags....

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

"I had a name at some point, a birth-name, but now everyone just calls me Wolf...."

Wolf
          Moto Militia MC

Comment

Anyone else have any info on parts? Andreas has the cover but not the other parts I need.

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

Wolf
            Moto Militia MC

Comment

parts

I was talking with him yesterday and he was saying that he doesn't have any motors on hand right now but I believe he has a line on one for next week that blew a piston. Just tell him what you want and he'll find it.
              mack
              79 XS 1100 SF Special
              HERMES
              original owner
              http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
              SPICA
              http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
              IOTA
              https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
              https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
              Frankford, Ont, Canada
              613-398-6186

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep in touch with him.

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

Wolf
                Moto Militia MC

Comment

I have a 78 engine that I put a hole in a piston AND the case. Make me an offer for what you need (wife wants the extra parts gone )
                  Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
                  80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
                  82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
                  82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
                  82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
                  72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
                  72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

Working...
                  X