is this a 1980 xs1100g?
    80 XS11 frame 3H5-002352 engine 3J6-010076

3H5 is an 80G Standard

3J6 is an 80SG Special
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

so g frame and an sg motor? is that an indication that the motor has been replaced? new to the xs11 bike all I have ever had is Harleys father son project on this one. thanks for the info.

Comment

Correct, 80 Standard (G) frame and 80 Special (SG) motor, yes the motor has been changed. All 80 motors are the same so no need to worry when ordering parts.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by tn-traveler View Post
          so g frame and an sg motor? is that an indication that the motor has been replaced? new to the xs11 bike all I have ever had is Harleys father son project on this one. thanks for the info.
          Hi tn-traveler,
          Welcome to XS11. You are now the proud owner of what is known here as a Frankenbike Don't worry we have lots of them
          You may find other things have been changed too so keep that in mind when asking questions in the future. If you have not already done so put this information in your signature it will help with future answers to any questions you may have.
          See XS South East in the Rallies section coming to your part of the country in September.
          Also post some pictures of your bike as we like pictures.
          Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Thanks I thought that might be the case. I changed the signature.

Comment

doing a rebuild on the motor , block, cylinder and heads. looking for studs and dowels now. couple of them were in bad shape, found bearings

Comment

Thanks I thought that might be the case. I changed the signature.
                Hi tn-t,
                just about any XS11 part swaps around like LEGO so how Frankenbiked is it?
                Standard should have:-
                53 liter tank with flush filler cap, front axle under the fork sliders, sensible front brake calipers, 17" rear wheel.
                Special should have:-
                39 liter tank with raised filler cap, front axle on the front of the fork sliders, Weird Harold swivelling tapered pad calipers, 16" rear wheel.
                Best you post a photo to show what your personal Dr. Frankenstein has gotten you into.
                Fred Hill, S'toon
                XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
                  Hi tn-t,
                  just about any XS11 part swaps around like LEGO so how Frankenbiked is it?
                  Standard should have:-
                  53 liter tank with flush filler cap, front axle under the fork sliders, sensible front brake calipers, 17" rear wheel.
                  Special should have:-
                  39 liter tank with raised filler cap, front axle on the front of the fork sliders, Weird Harold swivelling tapered pad calipers, 16" rear wheel.
                  Best you post a photo to show what your personal Dr. Frankenstein has gotten you into.
                  Hi Fred, I think your calculator needs new batteries ... 53 and 39 liters is a bit steep
                  XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
                  MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
                  Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
                  Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
                  Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
                  Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathh View Post
                    Hi Fred, I think your calculator needs new batteries ... 53 and 39 liters is a bit steep
                    Hi Mathh,
                    nah, my Hewlett-Packard 11C still works OK even if it is older than half of the list members, it's my aging brain that's the trouble.
                    I was quoting the tank capacities in US gallons but leaving out the decimal point.
                    From Clymer:- 5.3/3.9 USG or 4.4/3.3 Imp.G or 20/15 liters.
                    In practical terms and considering that an XS11 has worse gas mileage than my Buick Le Sabre, tank sizes are Barely Adequate/Ridiculously Small.
                    Fred Hill, S'toon
                    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Flush gas tank lid, and I have no idea how to post a picture. Need a set of studs and dowels I think found a set of crank bearings. Square tac and speedo 85mph.
                      Last edited by tn-traveler; 08-13-2014, 04:06 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Flush gas tank lid, and I have no idea how to post a picture. Need a set of studs and dowels I think found a set of crank bearings. Square tac and speedo 85mph.
                        Hi tn-t,
                        photos can't be sent direct.
                        Copy your photos from your computer onto a public site such as photobucket.
                        Then you can post them from there to here.
                        Flush filler cap and square gauges say Standard but this is the Standard tank on my Special.

Fred Hill, S'toon
                        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                        X