Pick Up Coil Wires-What Gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick Up Coil Wires-What Gauge?

Wondering about the size of the pick up coil wires since the heat shrink tubing comes in different sizes...what size works well if repairs are needed?
    Billy

1982 XJ1100, Ceramic Coated Headers, Raptor ACCT, Barnett Clutch Springs, Dremmel Fix, TC's Fuse Block, De-Linked S/S Brake Lines, 850 Final Drive, Yahman's YICS Eliminator, Pods, stock jets

Originally posted by BillyRok View Post
    Wondering about the size of the pick up coil wires since the heat shrink tubing comes in different sizes...what size works well if repairs are needed?
    Ones off a non-working multi-meter................or similar with flexability ease.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Adding more wire isn't always necessary, many times the back end of the harness can be moved up closer to the P/U coils and directly spliced in at the break.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Apologies for my lack of clarity but I was referring to the proper size heat shrink. Was going to pick some up to have on hand if the LG needed it and Auto Zone sold 3 different sizes for varying wire size. I've never used it before and, since Ken Talbot's repair post said it tubing could split because of too much shrinking, I didn't want to get the wrong size. Thanks.
        Billy

1982 XJ1100, Ceramic Coated Headers, Raptor ACCT, Barnett Clutch Springs, Dremmel Fix, TC's Fuse Block, De-Linked S/S Brake Lines, 850 Final Drive, Yahman's YICS Eliminator, Pods, stock jets

Comment

Originally posted by BillyRok View Post
          Apologies for my lack of clarity but I was referring to the proper size heat shrink. Was going to pick some up to have on hand if the LG needed it and Auto Zone sold 3 different sizes for varying wire size. I've never used it before and, since Ken Talbot's repair post said it tubing could split because of too much shrinking, I didn't want to get the wrong size. Thanks.
          Allthough Harbor Freight stuff is mostly junk IMO, I found the assorted sizes packaging of the marine grade shrink tubing to be of excellent quality and will NOT split.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
          X