No announcement yet.

High Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always found the real fuel gave me better mileage but I've been running a little test using low grade E10. Here's a pic of the plugs with the E10.

Here, same plugs earlier using 93 straight gas.

Not much difference, have not put the miles on to check MPG., soon.
    76 XS650 C ROADSTER
    80 XS650 G Special II
    https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
    80 XS 1100 SG
    81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
    https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
    AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Originally posted by donebysunday View Post
      I've always found the real fuel gave me better mileage but I've been running a little test using low grade E10. Here's a pic of the plugs with the E10.

Here, same plugs earlier using 93 straight gas.

Not much difference, have not put the miles on to check MPG., soon.
      Looks to be a bit more complete burn in the latter pic. So, that tells me adding more E10 fuel via raising fuel levels/richer mix settings, ect. because of its lower BTU's is only gonna make it richer, not burn more complete.........perfect example right there Nate verifies what I'm saying.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

High Idle FIXED

Here and there this thread seems to have digressed.

I wanted to make a final report for the common good.

I ordered new pilot/main jets to chase my high idle problem. I was gone for a week. When I got back, I found the jets had been lost in the mail. Finally I got the parts.

My high idle problem was caused by an issue experienced by many other before me, albeit with different symptoms.

The pilot jets in my TourMax rebuild kits were was oversized, even though they were labeled 42.5. Same as the post by WMarshy, they had the holes on the side with 2-2-2-2 pattern instead of the 1-2-1-2 pattern.

I tried to take a picture of the 'bad' jet along side the good jet, but WMarshy managed to capture it better than I did:

By reading the older posts on this forum, I knew where to look when I had the problem, although my high idle was a different symptom. Thanks to all that contribute.

Now the bike runs perfectly after the final carb sync, and I am dying for my first real ride! Hope it's nice tomorrow.
        -Mike
        _________
        '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
        '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
        '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
        '79 XS750SF 17k miles
        '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
        '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
        '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

I'm sure all here appreciate you coming back and reporting the positive results and what the initial cause was.........Iknow I do.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
          X