Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F front wiring / harness routing ?

Howdy,

Could someone send a pic (or link to one) of the routing of the wire harness & wiring on the F front end (behind the headlight and down). I'm pretty confident on how it is run but a picture is worth a thousand manual diagrams

I just don't want the wiring harness to get pinched in the wrong way during operation of the bike !

Thanks much,

-Craig
    '79F - Bought it new
    '75 Honda CB400F - First street bike
    '09 FJR1300 - Long distance machine
    '11 Diavel - Mid life crisis
    '12 Multistrada - Hooligan Bike

I believe some of it routes through the hoop bracket below the brake line splitter.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I think I have it pretty well in hand After some intense googling and reading the 4 manuals that I have here......I think the routing is good. I noted that the wiring harness "crosses over" under the goose neck and after pondering about why for a while, I think they probably did that to compensate for the turning of the front wheel (keeps the harness from stretching too much) ? ?

Well, the good news for today is that I tested the starter and the motor cranks and there is spark! So I must not have messed up the wiring too much.......that is until it smokes or something........I'll keep the fire extinguisher handy as usual during the engine testing

-Craig
      '79F - Bought it new
      '75 Honda CB400F - First street bike
      '09 FJR1300 - Long distance machine
      '11 Diavel - Mid life crisis
      '12 Multistrada - Hooligan Bike

Comment

Do these help?

XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Working...
        X