Self Cancelling Isn't....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Cancelling Isn't....

Well, I have a bone stock bike, and the self cancelling has decided it isn't anymore. Turn signals work fine without it however I am stupid and forget they're on. Any idea what could be the problem? Is the self cancelling a separate unit on the bike? Will life as we know it end someday? Will the Maple Leafs EVER win the cup?
    Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
    Well, I have a bone stock bike, and the self cancelling has decided it isn't anymore. Turn signals work fine without it however I am stupid and forget they're on. Any idea what could be the problem? Is the self cancelling a separate unit on the bike? Will life as we know it end someday? Will the Maple Leafs EVER win the cup?
    Self canceller itself is a seperate unit under seat in a rubber mount on frame crosspiece.
    'Bone stock and original', I would also suspect a bit low voltages, just not necessarily low enough to start affecting other areas, or noticably affect signal cycling......yet...DAHIK. May wanna check voltages at ignition switch and kill switch, key on, not running compared to batt. voltages, key on, not running. You might find missing 'all important smoke' BEFORE your carbs start having ignition issues.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

My self canceling quit working a couple of times. The cancelling unit is in the stock flasher but the counter is in the speedometer.

Both times mine quit it was the counter in the speedometer. It's easy to change. All that's required is a functional one and pulling the gauge out of the chrome bucket.

It's at the top in the back and just snaps in and plugs into the harness.

One from a 650,750, 850, or an 1100 will work.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
      X