Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake warning flashing after pads replacement

After changing all pads and bleeding,and a full 84 mile road test
    the brake warning light now flashes,but some times off.
    thought it might be electrical contacts maybe on the switch

any suggestions please about this problem
    The old ones are the best 9000 miles from new and rising
    got a Honda VF1000f 1984 for the summer in the United Kingdom.Wow its Fast,Too fast for Me

1982 Xj1100J Maxim US Specfast keeps going
    1984 VF1000F Interceptor UK need repair sticking pro link joint, off the road currently but in a newly built 17ft wooden garage, just got to finish it

make sure the floats in the Master Cylinders are no stuck or the brake fluid level is not low.
    Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
    80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
    82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
    82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
    82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
    72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
    72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

levels and floats

double checked both brakes
      might have to put a bit of black sticky tape over the warning light for now
      got a Honda VF1000f 1984 for the summer in the United Kingdom.Wow its Fast,Too fast for Me

1984 VF1000F Interceptor UK need repair sticking pro link joint, off the road currently but in a newly built 17ft wooden garage, just got to finish it

Comment

Fixed

Cleaned and Rebuilt the Master cylinder including the holes now it does not stick on anymore.
        The flashing light I measured the Sensor it was DEAD so Joined the two wires up and now the brake indicator thinks its full of fluid which it is.
        Problem solved
        Took it for a 20 mile run through Topeka which has tons of traffic lights and the wheels are free rolling at every red light.

Comment

Working...
        X