Need help with a cam chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a cam chain

Hello I have been trying to revive a franken bike for a few years. I need a cam chain the one I have is worn out. The problem I have is now is that the bike is a total franken bike. I have mix matched jugs and heads. How can I figure out what cam chain I need. This is hopefully the last peice to a long puzzle so I need help. I ordered one off ebay and revived a random chain that is not even close to being a cam chain. I called the yamaha dealer and alot of the chains they can't get but they said there were many different ones for different years and models. Thanks for the help. Dustin

Cam Chain EK 219H 128 link

If the engine is XS1100, this is the chain. '78 to '81, it's the same chain.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by DRedel View Post
      Hello I have been trying to revive a franken bike for a few years. I need a cam chain the one I have is worn out. The problem I have is now is that the bike is a total franken bike. I have mix matched jugs and heads. How can I figure out what cam chain I need. This is hopefully the last peice to a long puzzle so I need help. I ordered one off ebay and revived a random chain that is not even close to being a cam chain. I called the yamaha dealer and alot of the chains they can't get but they said there were many different ones for different years and models. Thanks for the help. Dustin
      All the XS and XJ 1100 chains are the same. Mixing heads, pistons, cams, and timing components you could end up with a slug though.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Thanks for the help with the chain. It might be a slug but I got delt some bad cards with the bike and the only option I had was to scavenge parts to make it all work hopefully. I have never seen a xs slug before tho. All the ones I have seen have been animals.

Comment

Working...
        X