Broken choke rod connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken choke rod connectors

In the process of cleaning the carbs I discovered the choke rod connectors on carbs 3 & 4 were half broken. Still operable but they are bound to be weak. I believe this was brought on by years of neglect by the previous owner. The choke rod was very difficult to move and it must have bent then snapped them. Any ideas on where to find the correct replacement? I just searched eBay and only came up with two options. Even though they look very much like mine the product descriptions do not list my model. Thanks!
    '79 XS 1100 F
    John Hawley

Hey John,

I'll drop a line to the other JOHN (Oldbiker648) in Richmond, VA. and let him know what you're needing, he has a lot of bikes/parts and I'm sure he'll be able to help you out with either the parts, or even a whole bank of carbs. As you may have found, that part isn't available from Yamaha anymore!

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks I really appreciate that! I did see that Yamaha was not going to be any help.
      '79 XS 1100 F
      John Hawley

Comment

You'd probably get them at http://www.cmsnl.com
        XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Hey John,

Just heard from Oldbiker648, he was on a 4 day fishing trip, just got back today. Regrettably he says he doesn't have any extra carbs/parts, just other engine parts! :sad:

The site James posted is just like BikeBandit, they allow you to look for stock parts, but if the parts are no longer available from Yamaha, then they can't get them either!

So...now I will suggest you contact Andreas Weiss, member on here, parts broker, very good/ reasonable/fair prices vs. ebay etc.! Or you could post in the Parts Needed Forum of the For Sale Forum, someone with a wrecked bank of carbs might have those clips to spare!?

T.C.
          T. C. Gresham

Comment

Thanks Topcat! I appreciate the help
            '79 XS 1100 F
            John Hawley

Comment

You could also try www.yambits.co.uk
              XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

If you are talking about the little metal piece that slides onto the choke rod that actuates the enricher. How many do you need?
                79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
                79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Hey Red,

He needs 2 of them, for carbs 3 and 4 as per his first post in this thread.
                  Thanks for this, hopefully he'll PM you to work out the trade/sale or such!

T.C.

PS. James, that second site has a great list of products, but that carb choke rod clips are not amongst them...I looked through all 175 products they offer for the XS11.
                  T. C. Gresham

Comment

Working...
                  X