Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring Out Your Dead.....bring Out Your Dead

HEY!

Any dead TCI boxes out there that are just lying around? Donate them to a good cause, namely a research and development project I've started to replace the XS electronic ignition with updated components!

Think of the possibility of keeping our classics running for another 25 yrs! We can teach or grandkids to ride on 'em!

Well, whatever floats your boat. But this request is serious.

And you may wind up with a repaired spare TCI box, that is if yours isn't TOO fried!

No guarantees, but if it's worth my time, it's worth at least a couple of dead boxes.

Come on, guys, cough 'em up!

My address:

Randy Rago
    1435 Sycamore Avenue
    Merrick, NY 11566

Cheers,

Randy

Randy, would you consider just checking/repairing some solder joints? I have the box from Organ Donor, and I suspect it may have some questionable connections. Back when OD was still complete, (nothing left but frame, wheels and engine)I had it running several times, but on occasion it would just quit on me. I found that opening the box and by probing some of the connections with the multi meter, it would fire up and run, but as soon as I removed the meter leads it would die. Any ideas on the cause?

Comment

Yeah, John sounds like cold solder joints. I'd be glad to help, if you cover shipping both ways.

However, depending on when you send it, I may or may not have Swamp Thing complete, so may not have a test bed for your box. Do you have the luxury of time?

randy

Comment

Randy,
        I have plenty of time. I'm getting ready to remove the engine from Twilite soon. Next weekend if all goes well. If you've been reading my thread about the progress of my work, you'll know that I've hit a major roadblock. Swamp thing is looking great by the way. Covering shipping will be no problem, and waiting a while won't be either. Right now the box is still attached to the remnants of OD, and it sure as hell ain't going anywhere. If you able to have any success with it, I'll gladly compensate you with a few electrical pieces from OD that I can't use. I haven't sold any electrical items from it, and they aren't doing me any good just sitting there. As I've said before, Everything on this bike worked after I got it running, I just bought it as a parts bike and nothing more. I had no intentions of making it road worthy, but it wouldn't have taken much if I did.

Comment

You're on.

The address is:

Randy Rago
          1435 Sycamore Avenue
          Merrick, NY 11566

Randy

Comment

Working...
          X