78e exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78e exhaust

As stated in another thread, I was looking for an exhaust leak on the right side. I found it when the muffler fell off in my hand. I took a grinder to the pieces and found a wonderful variety of colored material and welding techniques as well as half a dozen 1/8-3/8" sized rust holes. Needless to say there isn't enough metal left to weld to. I have put an inquiry on parts wanted forum but I am wondering if there is any magic temporary solution (i.e., jb weld, muffler tape, etc.,) that I might try while I wait for the offers to pour in?
    Gunnery Sergeant, USMC (Retired), (A gung ho, lifer, Devil Dog) Semper Fidelis
    XS1100E, 11.5" XV1100 shocks, "no name" 4 into 2 headers and turn out mufflers, stock air box, 140 mains, spade type fuse block, volt meter, LED conversion on running/turn/brake/tail lights, aux front driving and running light bar, 850 FD swap, Chrysler electronic VR. Ugly as a monkey's butt - runs like a scalded ape (WHEN IT RUNS)

Hi Clyde,
    I would guess that break was right where the two go into one at the collector, not leaving any pipe for a slip-on that can be done on the 78-80Standard(upswept Special exhaust has no stub entension after the 2into one).
    With that thought in mind, I have a new set of (still in the box) Jardine slip-ons with the crossover for the Standards. Don't know if your really wanting to drop a bit over two bills for the fix though. Anyway, JAT

If you like, give me a call(forgot exactly how to get to your place), and I'll run over there see what you got. (I've welded alot uglier and thinner scenarios with these particular exhaust).
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
    X