help for tuneup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help for tuneup

is there any one around sacramento ca area that knows the xs1100 and can do or help with a tuneup
    thanks shchuck
    shchuck

Unless your planning to check the valve clearances, then all you'll need is 4 NGK BP6ES spark plugs gapped to .35, and a new/cleaned air filter. A Fram 6002 oil filter, 4 qts of 20w-50 Castrol, or preferred oil, change middle and final drive gear oil, and you'll be good to go.
    A lot of other things can be checked...brake pads, change brake fluid, check water level in battery, air pressure in tires, and replace fork oil. I'm sur I may have left a few things that I may have left out. Anybody else have anything to add?

Comment

Cam chain tension!

But it appears as if these procedures may be beyond your skills, if so, you are right to seek help. There are plenty of posts right here that can walk you through tune-ups, etc. Just do a search.

Randy

Comment

Chuck,
        I'm in Modesto. Ride down here sometime and we can work on it. I point, you turn the wrenches. Like was previously mentioned, basic tune-up is plugs, oil change, sync carbs (Iwe can do that here), and generally check the bike over.
        I'm off work till May 12th, recovering from surgery but working on the bike is no problem.
        Let me know if I can help...
        Pat Kelly
        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
        X