hand grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hand grips

Hey guys, I am running on electric tape wraped around my hand grips looks pretty getto. anyone got a link for Stock ones for sale? I would like to put somthing like stock ones

Thanks
    Jeff
    Bike History:1980 XS 1100 special current bike
    1980 XS 850 special wife sold

Hey Jeff,

Check out www.mikesxs.net Chassis, Handlebars, grips:
    http://www.mikesxs.net/products-59.html#products

Gran Tourisimo style Cushion Grip Set - Black - for 7/8" bars.
    Part #02-2421 $11.80 USD Set
    These are/were the OEM style, however I wasn't as impressed. I got some thicker foam style like these.

And they have some nice "Bling" affect as well!

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

thanks top

yea I think I put the bling ones on last time and they failed the foam ripped and then on came the electric tape lol. Kind of wanna try putting stock on
      Bike History:1980 XS 1100 special current bike
      1980 XS 850 special wife sold

Comment

Pretty much any grips will work, just make sure they are for 7/8" bars. Go to your local bike shop, most have pairs for $10-15.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Jeff,

You could also look at Kuryakyn Iso-Grips ... a lot of people swear by these grips, and some say they help reduce vibration/tingling in the bars.

They don't look anything like stock grips, though ...
          Last edited by Prisoner6; 06-12-2014, 05:29 PM.
          Marco

Current bikes:
          1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
          1979 Honda CBX
          2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
          WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

THESE are what I've been using. They wear like iron, look good, and are really comfortable.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

If stock is what you want, here is Mike's XS version for $10.75.

OEM are available, but a poor value. click
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

Hey Marty,

Those may have been stock for the early models, but the ones I showed earlier were stock for the later 81 model! They did seem to fill the hand more than the cylindrical ones. YMMV

T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by Prisoner6 View Post
                  Jeff,

You could also look at Kuryakyn Iso-Grips ... a lot of people swear by these grips, and some say they help reduce vibration/tingling in the bars.

They don't look anything like stock grips, though ...
                  I will give a huge +1 for these grips! They are amazing and they are worth the price!
                  Nathan
                  KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                  K&N Filter
                  #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                  OEM Exhaust
                  ATK Fork Brace
                  LED Dash lights
                  Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                  SS Brake Lines
                  Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
                    Hey Marty,

Those may have been stock for the early models, but the ones I showed earlier were stock for the later 81 model! They did seem to fill the hand more than the cylindrical ones. YMMV

T.C.
                    The ones I showed were stock on my '83 XS650. The part number is effective 1977 through all of the XS1100's and continueing later. That's an item that dealers could readily change. They are nothing special. Your's are surely more comfy.
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffintampa View Post
                      Hey guys, I am running on electric tape wraped around my hand grips looks pretty getto. anyone got a link for Stock ones for sale? I would like to put somthing like stock ones

Thanks
                      Jeff
                      Belive they can still be had from Yamaha as far as stock. A few yrs. back, I replaced the throttle tube from Yamaha, and it comes WITH the grip on it. Was a bugger to get off the tube, as I use different grips. Passed the new rubber grip forward to 3Phase last yr. IIRC.
                      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, the stock grips are the most uncomfortable thing ever inflicted on mankind..........but, that's just me.
                        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                          As far as I'm concerned, the stock grips are the most uncomfortable thing ever inflicted on mankind..........but, that's just me.
                          Exactly why I passed the new on to Scott.......he likes 'em.
                          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                            Belive they can still be had from Yamaha as far as stock.
                            Yes they are available. You have to want them pretty bad!

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/searc...BLE/parts.html
                            Marty (in Mississippi)
                            XS1100SG
                            XS650SK
                            XS650SH
                            XS650G
                            XS6502F
                            XS650E

Comment

Grips are very personal. Look at a bunch, give them a squeeze and then buy a pair. If you don't like them, they weren't so expensive that you can't cut them off and try something else...

It's too bad the company that makes Hogue pistol grips doesn't make bike grips. That would be just too cool.

Tony
                              Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X