• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSM exhaust

http://www.bsm-exhausts.de/
    anyone tried these? Any pictures?
    I found this one on the Japanese bike facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

They're nice exhausts but pricey, $777 for a full set.
    Tom
    1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
    1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
    1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
    1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

I tried to order one of these several years ago and eventually gave up in despair. I phoned them several times and got fobbed off with a 4 month timeframe to get a system.
      XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

The Sport in the pictures from Stephen Shapcott has upswept mufflers and look nice. The system for the standard has straight mufflers, they don't look good because the gap between mufflers and exhaust hangers is too big. In the past several sets have been put in the market (not by BSM) that were welded wrong, they were hanging even lower and had serious problems because the center stand dragged very early. You won't have that problem buying directly from BSM. James, isn't BSM a dutch company? If you're interested I can try to contact then for you.
        XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
        MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
        Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
        Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
        Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
        Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

Math, I have a special I'm working on. Those are the ones I'm interested in.
          No reply to my email inquiry as of yet.
          "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

1980 LG
          1981 LH

Comment

Hey James, what kind of spacing is there on the XJR exhaust? Would those fit on an XS?
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights
            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines
            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
              Hey James, what kind of spacing is there on the XJR exhaust? Would those fit on an XS?
              I'd say that might be a possible. I'll measure up tomorrow and post again!
              XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

It fits, but the collector box will be hanging downwards at the back. U have to cut it and reweld at a correct angle. Saw them several times at a German meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
                  Math, I have a special I'm working on. Those are the ones I'm interested in.
                  No reply to my email inquiry as of yet.
                  I'll try to contact them next week! You want the upswept ones or the straight ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Mathh View Post
                    I'll try to contact them next week! You want the upswept ones or the straight ones?
                    upswept. Thanks

1980 LG
                    1981 LH

Comment

Guys, I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but at last report, BSM aren't manufacturing any new exhausts.
                      I was searching mid last year for anyone worldwide making pipes for the XS11's and sent a request for pricing of a set like Schapper's, and got given the bad news then.
                      I messaged Schappers and he also tried from his end (more local, in case that was the problem) and he received the same message,
                      which upset him a fair bit as he wanted to order a new front engine pipe from them..
                      Sorry!
                      79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
                      Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
                      *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
                      *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

Originally posted by Eveready1100 View Post
                        Guys, I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but at last report, BSM aren't manufacturing any new exhausts.
                        I was searching mid last year for anyone worldwide making pipes for the XS11's and sent a request for pricing of a set like Schapper's, and got given the bad news then.
                        I messaged Schappers and he also tried from his end (more local, in case that was the problem) and he received the same message,
                        which upset him a fair bit as he wanted to order a new front engine pipe from them..
                        Sorry!
                        crap. oh well, they sure looked nice but the price was going to cause me to sell off some goodies.

1980 LG
                        1981 LH

Comment

There is always that German guy that makes OEM replicas in stainless.
                          Nathan
                          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                          K&N Filter
                          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                          OEM Exhaust
                          ATK Fork Brace
                          LED Dash lights
                          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                          SS Brake Lines
                          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

That guy's bike looks great!
                            1979 XS1100F
                            2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Working...
                            X