Idle problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle problems

I had this problem for a few weeks but have recently decided to inquire about it. After my bike is warm it idles around 2000 rpm. I did a search and found a thread with a similar problem but the other bike had a hard time starting and ran rough. My bike fires right up idles fine when cold and runs great at all RPMs. It doesn't really bother me but I wouldn't mind fixing it. Any Idea's
    To give a little bit more background the bike has new intake boots and a fresh carb rebuild.

Does the idle come back down if you play around a bit with the choke? What's the throttle response? Do the RPM's hang a bit before dropping when you release the throttle? If everything is OK, I'd simply check the idle set screw. It's a small thunb screw between the two center carbs. You can get your hands in there without removing the tank if you have REALLY small hands. If not, just raise the back of the tank enough to reach the set screw, and start the bike. Let it warm up, close the choke and then adjust. Once you are done, before replacing tank, check throttle response, and if everything is OK, then try slowly closing the choke. The RPM's should rise a bit.

-Justin

Comment

I am currently away from my bike, I'll try that tonight when I get home, if all it is, is the idle screw I'll feel stupid. The reason I didn't mess with it is because it idles perfect upon start-up. And frankly I haven't had the time in the past few weeks to mess with it, so I thought I would pick your brilliant brains before I started, tonight I should have time. I have to see what happens and get back to you.

Comment

Working...
      X