hose routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hose routing

After what seems to be forever I was trying to replace the hoses to the carb and the air box on my 81 Midnight. Between crankcase breathing hose and the ones for vaccum for the octopuss I am about to pull out what is left of my hair. Can any one clear it up for me with a picture, diagram or something? I want to keep it stack as possible.

JERRY? TopCat? Guys?
    wpc57

'81LH Midnight Special "Margret"

I ain't as good as I once was..but I am as good once as I ever was.... (Toby Keith)

Hey there Bill,

The MN shouldn't be any different than the Regular Special, same year, here's the diagram for the fuel routing, it shows the vacuum line from the Octy to the intake port on the manifold.

The only other tube going to the Air box is the Crankcase vent tube. The middle gear vent tube goes up to a clamp under the tank. Aside from these, not sure what other hoses/tubes you're talking about or needing explainations for!?

HTH. T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks TC.... At least I see I am not the only one with the same problem.. I have the clymer manual... wish it went further than it does... I knew I should have taken pictures ...lol
      wpc57

'81LH Midnight Special "Margret"

I ain't as good as I once was..but I am as good once as I ever was.... (Toby Keith)

Comment

off topic, but the vaccum thing that those lines connect to on my bike is leaking... can that be rebuilt or do i need to buy a new one (and what exactly is it called?) thanks!
        1980 xs1100 SG

Comment

Davins,

Click on "Search" at the top and type in Octo (Short for octopus) There will be more info than you could possibly want on this subject... including pitching them in the closest trash container (My personal choice)

Tod
          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100
          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Thanks for the info.....Im glad i found this forum, you will be seeing more and more of me
            1980 xs1100 SG

Comment

Working...
            X