Is this a 79 special seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a 79 special seat?

Can anyone tell me if this Is for sure a 79 special seat? I really need a seat and I know the 79 special is a one year only seat. If anyone has a seat for sale, let me know. Thanks.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-1100-...p2054897.l4275
    Jeff
    77 XS750 2D completely stock
    79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Jeff, I'm not 100% sure, but it has the signs that it may be a '79 special seat.
    First, it has the octy/fuel line diagram/sticker, so that makes it for a special.
    Secondly, The 80/81 special seats have the back cut out for the grab rail/brake light and this seat doesn't have that, so that's why I think that it's for a '79.
    $220 is a huge price though!
    Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
    The Green Monster
    K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
    Got him in '04.
    bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
    Scarlet
    K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
    Got her in '11
    Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
    Hugo
    Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
    Cold weather ride

Comment

And as chewed up as it looks to be, (Bondo smeared around to hide rust through?), I would be leery.
      It would not hurt to PM the seller and offer $100 if he can't get an offer, and wants to get rid of it.
      That is if you think it is worth $100.

CZ

Comment

Saddlemen no longer offers a cover for an SF. Perhaps somebody still has one in stock someplace. $50 is the usual price. That being said, Sargent or several others will put an extremely nice cover on one for around $200 and stand behind their work. You are going to find a very nice seat pan for cheap money if you keep your eyes open and be patient.

Here is another one at a premium price. It does look good and it is for an SF. Wisconsin Cycle Salvage Inc.

Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Working...
        X