Float not floating??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float not floating??

I took my carbs off today to do away with the air box and go with pods, also going to change pilot jets from no holers to 6 holers. Decided to double check float heights and saw this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iL-OsAC9e4

Wanna take a guess? Here's a picture of the last 2 floats in the video --

[IMG][/IMG]

The one on the left is a replacement I bought last year, can't track back to figure out where. Look how much taper there is on the upper inside of the float on the right (the other 2 in the carbs are the same) compared to the replacement on the left. The float on the left bottoms out inside the carb body before the needle valve fully seats. Would make that carb run pretty rich I guess! Needless to say I need another plastic float. Anybody had a good experience and gotten one that matches the originals who could pass along the name of the supplier? Moral of the story is pay close attention to quality/specs of replacement parts.
    Billy

1982 XJ1100, Ceramic Coated Headers, Raptor ACCT, Barnett Clutch Springs, Dremmel Fix, TC's Fuse Block, De-Linked S/S Brake Lines, 850 Final Drive, Yahman's YICS Eliminator, Pods, stock jets

Hey Billy,

I haven't gotten this particular float from them, but have gotten other parts just fine! www.partsnmore.com

Carb Float #20-6502 | Yamaha XJ1100J (1982)

Plastic Carb Float OEM Ref#3H5-14985-00-00
    US$ 13.00 Fits: XJ1100J (82)
    www.mikesxs.net sells the same float, but for $22.50 ea!

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
    X