Hemisphere fuel filters & Fibre washers COMBINED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemisphere fuel filters & Fibre washers COMBINED

Does anyone know where I can get hold of four of the hemispherical net fuel filters that go above the float valves please?
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

I went to YAMBITS and discovered that's an awful site to search. They probably have the part, but you'd never know it.

I believe you want 1J7-14994-00-00 NET,FILTER. I got it from the XS1100G fiche. Let me know if you can't get these shipped to you.

Same part shows effective for 1979.
    Last edited by jetmechmarty; 04-04-2014, 06:36 AM.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
      I went to YAMBITS and discovered that's an awful site to search. They probably have the part, but you'd never know it.

I believe you want 1J7-14994-00-00 NET,FILTER. I got it from the XS1100G fiche. Let me know if you can't get these shipped to you.

Same part shows effective for 1979.
      Thanks for that. I tried ordering them but the shipping cost is $35, which is completely unreasonable. They'd go in a letter! I wondered if you could find out the shipping cost within the USA and then mail them to me??

BTW, I also need four fibre washers that go under the valve seat in the F model. the G uses an o ring and clamp but on the F, the valve seat has a fibre washer under it.... I'm having a problem finding those here too!!
      XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Float valve seat fiber washers

Hi all

I'm looking for four of the fiber washers that go under the float valve seats in the carbs. They're 10mm ID and 11mm OD. But...only 0.70mm thick. I can get them from www.cmsnl.com but the shipping cost, even within Europe, is more than the washers ($4.79 each!).

Does anyone know if these are available from sources other than bike places please?

Comment

I have them in aluminum. I could mail you four in a birthday card
          Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

Originally posted by DAVINCI View Post
            I have them in aluminum. I could mail you four in a birthday card
            that's very kind of you, thank you. I've just discovered that the float needles on the carbs are from the wrong carbs! They are the type with a clip and Viton/rubber end and the clips have been removed. They aren't right for the year and model of carb. So...I'm going to buy four new float valves, needles and fiber washers in the form of four repair kits. Bit of a hit but the tips on the existing needles are a bit swollen and they may account for the PO saying the carbs flooded occasionally!

Thanks very much for your offer though. Now..if you could mail me four of the little hemispherical filters that go in the carbs, that would be something..... A response in my other post says you can get them over there.........if you could get some and mail them, I'd be happy to pay of course.

Comment

I have four used ones, but they won't mail flat, so there might be some duty.

Then again, you could be a distant cousin and that would qualify it as a gift lol
              Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
                I tried ordering them but the shipping cost is $35, which is completely unreasonable. They'd go in a letter!
                I just went on the US Postal Service site and it appears I can't send anything to the UK for less than $46.50. WTH! I'm sure there's a way. Partzilla ships to me for a very reasonable $6.00.
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                  I just went on the US Postal Service site and it appears I can't send anything to the UK for less than $46.50. WTH! I'm sure there's a way. Partzilla ships to me for a very reasonable $6.00.
                  Geez,

Marty, you must be looking at the EXPRESS/Priority rates!!!

You have to click on other choices to show the FIRST CLASS stuff, an envelope that is less than 3/4" thick will go just fine:

First-Class MailĀ® International Large Envelope**

Value of contents can not exceed $400.00
                  Max. length 15", height 12" or thickness 3/4"
                  Varies by destination

$5.10
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
                    Geez,

Marty, you must be looking at the EXPRESS/Priority rates!!!

You have to click on other choices to show the FIRST CLASS stuff, an envelope that is less than 3/4" thick will go just fine:
                    DOH! It appears a padded envelope can make the trip for $16 or less. $16 is for a pound.
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
                      that's very kind of you, thank you. I've just discovered that the float needles on the carbs are from the wrong carbs! They are the type with a clip and Viton/rubber end and the clips have been removed. They aren't right for the year and model of carb.
                      Hey James,

Are the Viton tipped needles able to slide easily in and out of the seat???

IF so...then perhaps the PO switched the OEM brass/all metal ones for the kind like the later model carbs. It's been posted that the XV920 carbs used a similar threaded in valve seat, but is larger/roomier for the viton tipped float needles....and this is a mod that can be done!?

However, if the needles don't fit/slide easily in the seats, then the PO may have just tried to use the viton tipped needles but didn't change to the larger seats, and that could be why the floats/needles are hanging/sticking and flooding?? YMMV!

T.C.
                      T. C. Gresham
                      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                      History shows again and again,
                      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                      X